Getting Support for our Web Scraping Software
We will try our best to provide you with excellent support, but we get a large quantity of support enquiries, so please read below before requesting support.
- Please use the Visual Web Ripper Support Center for all support enquiries. Unfortunately, we cannot accept support enquiries by email, since many emails simply get lost in SPAM or Virus filters, especially when project files are attached. If you make an enquiry by email you will most likely be directed to our support center.
- We don't provide phone support. You cannot call the Support Center and we are also unable to call you back if you provide a phone number.
- Free support is limited to bug reports, product feature enquiries and helping you with isolated issues in your project files. Unfortunately, we cannot provide training, or create and maintain your projects on an ongoing basis. If you require additional services please visit Web scraping services.
- Please attach your Visual Web Ripper project file if you are reporting a bug related to one of your projects. Visual Web Ripper project files are located in your documents folder "My Documents\Visual Web Ripper\Projects"
- Support enquiries are normally answered within 1 business days, but during very busy periods it may take longer.
How to request support
Please install the Visual Web Ripper software before requesting support.
After you have installed the Visual Web Ripper software, you can request support directly from the Help menu in Visual Web Ripper.
Free support limitations
We have hundreds of customers, some with hundreds of active data extraction projects. If we had to help develop and maintain all their data extraction projects, we would need to dedicate a full time employee to just a single customer in some instances. The low price tag of this software does not cover this level of support, so we simply cannot help our customers creating and maintaining their projects for free on an ongoing basis. If you want us to help you develop or maintain data extraction projects on an ongoing basis, we will need to charge for the service.
Web scraping can be an extremely difficult task on some websites, even for us. If you have none or very little web scraping experience, you will not be able to extract data from all websites without assistance. We can provide you with the following level of assistance:
- Bug reports. Please attach your data extraction project when reporting a bug.
- Feature enquiries. You can ask questions such as "What does this option do?" or "Can Visual Web Ripper do this?".
- Isolated issues with a website. Please attach a project that illustrates a problem you have with an isolated area of a website. For example, you may have a PageNavigation template that doesn't seem to work correctly on a website. If your project is complex, please create a new project that only deals with this isolated area of the website.
Please notice the following restriction to support:
- We must be able to run your project locally if you want us to help you, and we do not create user accounts on a website to try and replicate a problem you have, so you must be willing to send us your project with included account details.
- We do not support your back-end systems including databases, even when they are used in conjunction with Visual Web Ripper.
We can use TeamViewer to remotely connect to your computer. You will be able to watch exactly what we are doing on your computer while we are connected.
We may request a remote support session if you are experiencing problems with the software that we cannot replicate. We do NOT offer remote support sessions as standard support.
If you want to watch what we are doing while connected to your computer, then you must request a time within Australian business hours (AUS Eastern time UTC+10)
In order for us to connect to your computer, you must first download and run the following program (no installation required).
After you run the program you will be presented with the following screen. You must email the ID to firstname.lastname@example.org and keep running the program until we have completed the task on your computer. The password is only known to us, so you don't need to worry about the password.